Friday, April 9, 2010

No Rest For The Wicked?

I didn't sleep alone last night.

Maybe I regret it now. I'm not sure.
It isn't something I normally do.

It was uncomfortable.
And hot.
Pressed up against me,
Ignoring my attempt to move away.

I meant to sleep alone.
I tried to say no.
But with my emotions currently in shreds,
And my heart sad,
I must have been feeling quite lonely.

The sadness kills you,
But the loneliness blurs your thoughts.

My bedmate was affectionate.
Perhaps more than I wanted.

And my morning greeting?
A wet lick to the face
Before she burrowed back under the covers
And sighed her little sigh.

And I know she'll always love me.

8 comments:

ghost said...

puppy love.

TS said...

Damn right! :)

Unknown said...

Daisy loves her mama. She told me so.

TS said...

She loves her Auntie Leah a whole crapload too! That's right. A WHOLE crapload.

Mike D. said...

Am I supposed to read this and think you had some random guy in your bed? Cause I did.

TS said...

Yeah.

You're kinda sposed to, I guess.

But ta-daaa, it was my Daisy! Aw, gosh.

Masuka said...

I didn't buy it for a second. You're going to a nunnery.

TS said...

I just might.