Thursday, April 1, 2010

Youth

I wonder what you were like before.
Who you were.
How you thought.

A different version of what you are now?
Maybe something more vibrant, more alive.

Life has a way of beating us down.
To become less than who we thought we were.

We go through pictures to remember the times.
Remember the laughs and hopeful dreams.
But sometimes all we see is how the years have passed.
And that we're just not who we once were.

You are no different, yet you're not at all the same.

I yearn to have known that you.
Being the me that I am now.

Take another picture of what hope looks like.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow.

TS said...

Wow?

Anonymous said...

Simply beautiful post.

Anonymous said...

I suppose I might also mention that I'm not the same Anonymous who said "Wow", but I will agree.

Maybe I need an internet name.

TS said...

:)