Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Only In Dreams

A year of vindication
is nothing to boast.
What's the use in being right
when wrong could mean contentment?
I could thank my instincts
for always correctly raising the white flag,
And then apologize
for ignoring it. Or trying to.
Ignorance may be bliss
but knowledge brings reality
(while simultaneously making one crazy).
So, to my life and those playing parts in it,
Thank you.
For proving what I've always known -
That I am always right.
Except, of course,
when I am completely
and utterly
wrong.

4 comments:

ghost said...

i sometimes cant tell the difference between being right and wrong.

TS said...

I know. They sure can fool ya!

Anonymous said...

I always trust my instincts. Did you ignore yours, or do you listen?

TS said...

I've done both. I've ignored and I've listened.

I'll listen more now, I think.