Saturday, December 18, 2010

A Name In Your Recollection

I wonder if he knows.

For a few hours,
a few days,
for a few fleeting moments,
he allowed me to forget.

In a whirlwind of pain,
he gave me brief escape.

I couldn't give him what he asked of me,
couldn't be what he needed.

For that, I am sorry.
Truly.

But I will always be grateful
that he unknowingly,
yet willingly
took some weight off my shoulders,
left me unencumbered
and able to fly free.

I was me.
Again.
Just long enough to remember
myself.

So thank you.
Your capacity to love is far greater than you know.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you're talking about me! :)

TS said...

I doubt it, he has a name! Heh.

ghost said...

those sorts of moments are so few and far between, but damn are they worth it.

TS said...

It was awhile ago, and yes... very few and far between. But it's nice to forget for a bit, eh?

Eventually both of us will find people who make us feel like that all the time. and they will also make us cake, cuz we're nice people.

...right?

ghost said...

right. for now though, i make my own cake. last night i made a chocolate on chocolate cake that my son dubbed delicioso. you know, because he's too young to know the word orgasmic.

TS said...

I haven't made a cake in awhile, probably because I don't really have anyone to make it for (though, who are we kidding... I'd eat the whole damn thing!)

Yay for cake :)

ghost said...

i did eat the whole damn thing. and it was delicious.